Spice Blend Biryani Pilaf
Feel like making your own biryani, but not quite ready to go through all the hassles? Our biryani pilaf spice blend will make your life easier. With all the spices and flavours blended together into one pack, this lets you relish this enchanting dish in a matter of minutes.
To cook 2LB of Chicken Biryani, you will need :
- Basmati Rice (250g)
- Chicken pieces (1 pound)
- Yoghurt (2/3 cup)
- Onions – 2 medium size
- Cooking Oil – 1/3 cup
- Chilli Powder – 1tsp (optional)
- Biryani Rice Pilaf Blend
- Salt to Taste
- Combine yoghurt, chilli powder, salt, biryani rice pilaf blend and the chicken pieces and marinate for 30 min.
- Soak the rice for 10 min, cook the rice al dente with a pinch of salt for 3-4 min and drain. On a thick bottomed skillet, heat oil, fry onions and keep it aside. To this, add the marinated chicken, an ounce of water and cook for 30 min.
- Reduce the flame to the minimum possible and place the rice on top of the curry and spread carefully.
- Sprinkle the fried onions over this.
- Cover and cook on very low flame for 10-15 min.
- Carefully blend the rice and curry just before serving